Senior Research Fellow – Chatham House United Kingdom
Dr Claire Spencer was formerly head of the Middle East and North Africa Programme, which she expanded having also set up the Middle East and Central Asia Policy Unit at the development agency Christian Aid from 2003-05.She previously served as deputy director and head of the Mediterranean Security Programme which she established at the Centre for Defence Studies, King’s College, University of London from 1995-2001.
She is currently a steering committee member of the EuroMeSCo network of ‘Euro-Med’ think tanks, and a core group member of the EU-Southern Neighbourhood Civil Society Dialogue initiative.
She received her BSc in Politics from Bristol University and PhD from the School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London.
- Middle East
- North Africa (Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia)
- European Union relations with the Mediterranean and Middle East
- Mediterranean Security
- BSc. (Hons) Politics, Bristol University
- Ph. D School of Oriental & African Studies, University of London
- School Diploma in Arabic (SOAS)
- Fellow of Royal Society of Arts