CEO's Summit on Competitiveness 2016
The Global Trade Matters “CEOs Summit on Competitiveness” themed “The Imperatives of Enhancing National Competitiveness”. The Summit was held on the 19th and 20th of January 2016 at the Marriott Cairo Hotel.
The 2016 Global Trade Matters CEOs Summit is proudly held in association with the Global Federation of Global Competiveness and supported by the Egyptian General Authority for Investment, the Egyptian State Information Service and the Egyptian Commercial Service. Further support is provided by the Egyptian Businessmen’s Association, the Asia Egypt Business Association, the Confederation of Indian Industry in Egypt (CII), and the Egyptian Junior Business Association.
For two days the Global Trade Matters CEO’s Summit on Competitiveness aimed at providing a high level networking and knowledge platform where connections are made, thoughts are shared, insights are gained and where real commitments to action are created.
Over 300 CEOs, corporate executives, senior managers, government officials and thought leaders spent two days together in January 2016 to explore the imperatives for enhancing Egypt’s national competitiveness; addressing the new challenges and exploring the endless opportunities of doing business in a growing, volatile and highly competitive global economy. To become truly competitiveness globally, both policy makers and business leaders need to pursue visionary and game changing economic transformation based on competitiveness, innovation, efficiency, institutions and infrastructure.
This year, Egypt advanced three places from last year to rank 116 out of 140 countries tracked in the World Economic Forum’s 2015-16 Global Competitiveness Index emphasizing the dire need for fast paced reforms leading to favorable conditions for sustainable, globally competitive economic growth.
- Honorable Deborah Wince-Smith – President – Global Federation of Competitiveness Councils
- Ms. Nancy Maghrabi – Chairwoman – Global Trade Matters – Egypt
- Mr. Ashraf Mohamed Naguib – CEO – Global Trade Matters – Egypt
- His Excellency Ambassador Fathy El Shazly – Director Egypt/UNDP Mine Action Program
- Mr. Mohamed Salama Al Gohary – Member of Parliament – Egypt
- His Excellency Prof. Dr. Ismail Abdel Ghafar – President – Arab Academy for Science, Technology and Maritime Transport (AASTMT) – Egypt
- His Excellency Ambassador Premjith Sadasivan – Ambassador of Singapore to Egypt
- Her Excellency Ambassador Tanja Miskova – Ambassador of Slovenia to Egypt
- Eng. Sherif Taher – Director – Public Private Partnership Unit – MCIT – Egypt
- Dr. Esmat Kamel – Director – Center for Global Business Excellence – Egypt
- Mr. Raoul Davis – Partner – Ascendant Group – USA
- Mr. Christian Kanyiki – President – Trade and Industry Chamber – DR Congo
- Ms. Benita Murekatete – Secretary General – Université Technologique Bel Campus – DR Congo
- Mr. Ahmed Marwan – Chairman – Sigma Capital – Egypt
- Mr. Vincenzo Puliatti – Chairman – IT Synergy – Italy
- Mr. Mohamed Farid – CEO – Dcode Economic & Financial Consulting – Egypt
- Mr. Enrico Crovetto – Managing Director – Spark Energy Resources – Switzerland
- Mr. Karim Helal – Chairman – Abou Dhabi Investment Bank – Egypt
- Mr. Mohamed Galal – Chairman – Tasweeq Malls – Egypt
- Mr. Hamed Hassouna – Chief Regional Director – Union De Banques Arabes Et Francaises – Egypt
- Mr. Intisar Laiq – Deputy CEO – Mediterranean Textile Company (MEDTEX) – Pakistan
- Mr. Douglas Anderson – CEO – Anderson Associates International – USA
- Ms. Christelle Bedrossian – Chief Nutritionist – Christelle Bedrossian Consultants – Lebanon
- Mr. Basel Roshdy – Managing Director – Nile Capital – Egypt
- Mr. Ezz Eldin El Nattar – CEO – Vantage BDS – Egypt